To save a little time & money it is always a great idea to create your own spa day at home. Not to mention you can schedule your DIY at home spa day whenever you need it most! Check out or suggestions & tips on how to create and enjoy the perfect spa day from the comforts of your own home!
At Home Spa Day Essentials
- Set The Mood- this means planning your day just a little in advance. This will help you to get your family or roomate(s) on the same page. You want to limit as much noise and as many interruptions as possible. Play some of your favorite soothing music, light nicely scented candles or incense. Pour yourself a glass of wine and/or a big glass of ice water and feel the tension start to ease.
- The Makings For a Great Spa Day- invest in a soft comfortable robe & slippers, prepare some hot towels and steaming water, get your diffuser ready with your favorite essential oils. Remember you want to create the same feel as if you were at a high end spa.
- Make Your Own Detox Water- Water not only keeps you hydrated it also helps to boost skin beauty & appearance. Start with purified water and add your favorite fresh fruits. Or for best results use lemon, mint and cucumber. The lemon water will help to boost your immune system, help with skin hydration and aid in digestion. 3 of the most important factors when it comes to acquiring great skin
- Steam Away- Remember that hot water we talked about steaming? Now is the time to use it! Grab a clean fresh towel and drape it over your head while you sit above the steaming bowl of water for 5-10 min. This will help to open your ores and get them ready for that face mask and exfoliation process. Not to mention it leaves you feeling refreshed and clean!
- Exfoliate- Use a gentle face scrub or advised facial exfoliating sponge to gently remove dirt, dead skin cells and left over makeup. Exfoliating before a face mask helps to add luster and a nice glow to your skin.
- Body Scrub- think exfoliation for your entire body! Helps to remove dead skin cells leaving your skin brighter and more even looking. Check out our video on making your own natural body scrub!
While enjoying a spa day at a nice spa is always wonderful, creating your own spa day at home and bring you the same if not close to the same benefits & results. Your body, mind and soul can always use a little dose of relaxation, rejuvenation and refreshing. It will keep you looking younger, stress free and feeling your best, trust us!